How did I get here? How did I get to being in my 40s? How did I get to having two grown-up kids and a husband?
All of a sudden it smacks you in the face - you have to live in the moment.
All of the stress and hopes and wishes for your children are done! They are grown!
All of a sudden you realise that all of those things you used to worry about actually don't seem important at all anymore.
Only my health is important to me now; aside from my family and friends that is!
And my health is not bad but could be a lot better too!
So I have made it to my mid-40s and yet I have also made it to being overweight! I am recovering from an operation and have had a lot of time to think about where I go next.
My weight has fluctuated over the years greatly. My happiest was when I was about a size 12 - there I was happy. Or maybe that's just my brains way of making me unhappy now? I am a large 14 or possibly a 16 now (I refuse to buy another number as I have binned those clothes years ago).
I took up running in 2014 by using C25K and loved it. It hasn't come easy to me, but it let me meet people and made me active. I use to think running was the thing which saved me but it wasn't; it was just being outside - good old-fashioned fresh air!I try and be as active as I can and have made a couple of buddies who come for a jog with me a few times a week. As well as keeping us quite fit it keeps us sane. It is here that we can shrug off a rubbish day in work, shrug off a grumpy partner or just relax and have fun and a laugh - you get the picture.
This year I have suffered injury after injury and hence the weight gain. I have stopped running due to a hip issue and then had to have surgery on my foot. Can you imagine the effect that has had on my brain?
NOT GOOD at all!
For six weeks I have been almost immobile and spent most of the time stressing that I would never get myself back outside and that my friends would have moved on - stupid.
So I bought a Fitbit.
I already have a GPS watch which I use to map my runs but seeing as I am not running I want every step to count and need something to motivate me to carry on and to keep my level of fitness up.
My hope is that I will be able to map my steps and stay fit. Losing weight is a bonus really as the benefits of being outside through the winter will far outweigh any other benefits.
Today my new little buddy arrived and I couldn't wait to put it on...but I had to charge it first...and that was after the postman was late! Grrrr!!!
Then I went walking...
Share my Fitbit with me and let's walk our way to fitness and feeling better about life.
This can only be a good thing :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment